Restricted views appearing in view list when on default view page

May 7, 2012 at 8:34 PM

This is a great app. However my users without permissions to certain views are able to see those views in the view drop down menu when they are on the default view page. They get permission denied message when they select one, but how are they supposed to know what views are active for them? This is a major problem. Once they navigate to a view that they have permissions to see, the view drop down list is the correct list of views based on their permissions. This only happens on the default view page.

MOSS2007

Any suggestions?

May 8, 2012 at 3:06 AM

for MOSS2007, in my test environment, the view drop down list only show views based on current user's permissions.

first make sure you deployed the lastest version:  1.4

if you are a sharepoint developer, I suggest that you compile the source code and do a debug,

From what you said, seems only the default view has this issue and other views are OK. I'm confused what can cause such issue.

This function is implemented by replace the system's default rendering Template. you can view the code of this file: CodeArt_PermissionEx_Templates.ascx and you can see there is a ViewSelector readeringTemplate.

you'd better to do a debug and to see if the logic of the class PermissionListViewSelector is ok.