Anonymous Access View of some fields

Nov 22, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Thanks for writing this. It has great capability.

Wondered if there is a way to add the ability to allow anonymous access users to view/add data to only certain fields? If i select EDIT permissions for ALL USERS (which will permit anonymous) then everyone can VIEW as well. I would like to allow Anonymous posts but only certain groups/people can view certain fields.  

thanks.

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2012 at 12:37 AM

hi,

I'm glad this project can help you.

Currently this feature is not supported.

But I will consider to add this support in next release.

Nov 29, 2012 at 1:34 PM

thanks that wouldbe helpful. I will check back now and then.

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2012 at 8:50 AM

please download the Version 1.5 and try it.

the feature has been added.

Dec 2, 2012 at 2:17 AM

WOw! i am not near my computer this weekend but i wll try it soonest. Thanks so much.

Dec 2, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I installed this in my lab environment and works perfectly! Thanks very much. A fabulous tool.

I DID discover one thing that i cant quite figure out.  I discovered my lab is configured slightly different than production. The production SP Foundations is on SBS 2008 and has an INTRANET zone site called CompanyWeb running on port 80 but the Permissions Extension only installs to those sites located in the DEFAULT (Alternate Access Mappings) zone.  So, when i got to Site Settings | Manage Site Features, the Permissions Extension option is not there to Activate however I CAN see that is has successfully deployed to the other site collections.  (Possibly why the guy in the earlier post was also having problems with SBS)

Do you have an idea on how i can get this working on CompanyWeb? Thanks again.

Coordinator
Dec 3, 2012 at 12:59 AM

I have no idea about this issue~

Dec 3, 2012 at 6:11 PM

ok well thanks again.  Hope i can get this working. I tried PSUpdate but that didnt help. Heres some screenshots of what i am geting in case you see similar issue.

Central Admin - Deployed OK
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_bA3PgTXGcKX3lQdl9UT1Y4SXM/edit

Site Settings - Feature Not Available
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_bA3PgTXGcKQml6V0E2THpCMW8/edit

I will let you know if i find the problem.

Dec 3, 2012 at 7:14 PM

oh geez.. i got it. i was looking under Manage Site Features not Site Collection features..  Workling. pfft.

Thanks again.