Error for List with more than 38 Columns.

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Now that i have this working, i applied it to one of my long lists (75 fields/columns) and I get the error below wheni attempt to apply field permissions. View Permissions work Ok. Didnt test content type.

unexpected error has occurred.
Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.
Correlation ID: 03f33f80-7a3e-4eb8-9d2f-58119c208e8e
Date and Time: 12/3/2012 4:04:14 PM

So i thought i would trim the list. Kept getting errors until i got to 38 Columns (40 if you include created and modified by)

Then i created a new list.  Same problem. Error after 38 columns - cant apply permissons anymore.  Can this be fixed or will it be a permissions limitation?

thanks

Dec 4, 2012 at 3:38 AM

I did a test, the list has above 50 columns, it works find and I don't see the error.

do you set any limit on document lib storage?

1) you can try to upload a large file to the doc lib : __CodeArt_ListPermissionExtension, see what will happend.

2)you should modify the web.config to let the detail error information display:

14/Layouts/web.config <customError mode="Off"

c:\intput/wwwroot/portNum/web.config  <customError mode="Off"

Dec 4, 2012 at 5:44 AM

1. I dont have Document Library just lists.

2. All my settings are default no liitations as far as i can tell.  Ok so i also had to change customError mode in Layouts folder but finally have this error message for you thanks you for investigating this for me.

Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.]
   System.Web.HttpValueCollection.ThrowIfMaxHttpCollectionKeysExceeded() +4148319
   System.Web.HttpValueCollection.FillFromEncodedBytes(Byte[] bytes, Encoding encoding) +60
   System.Web.HttpRequest.FillInFormCollection() +189

[HttpException (0x80004005): The URL-encoded form data is not valid.]
   System.Web.HttpRequest.FillInFormCollection() +11111400
   System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form() +119
   Microsoft.SharePoint.SPGlobal.GetParametersFromHttpRequest(SPSite site, Boolean bAuthenticated) +422
   Microsoft.SharePoint.SPGlobal.CreateSPRequestAndSetIdentity(SPSite site, String name, Boolean bNotGlobalAdminCode, String strUrl, Boolean bNotAddToContext, Byte[] UserToken, String userName, Boolean bIgnoreTokenTimeout, Boolean bAsAnonymous) +27870777
   Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.InitializeSPRequest() +223
   Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.SPControl.EnsureSPWebRequest(SPWeb web) +365
   Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.SPControl.SPWebEnsureSPControl(HttpContext context) +520
   Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.BaseApplication.Application_PreRequestHandlerExecute(Object sender, EventArgs e) +351
   Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPRequestModule.PreRequestExecuteAppHandler(Object oSender, EventArgs ea) +60
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +80
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +171

Of course i dont know what this means.

Dec 4, 2012 at 7:38 AM

this issue is  because the Http Limitation.

see: http://geekswithblogs.net/Vipin/archive/2012/03/05/throwifmaxhttpcollectionkeysexceeded-error-message-when-doing-postback.aspx

Dec 4, 2012 at 2:09 PM

That seemed to fix it! Thanks.