How to deploy/install for one web only

Dec 5, 2012 at 3:07 PM

in my case i need this only for one web, because some webs are under control of users with full control. So I need this feature totally only one web. How to allow active this on some webs. I mean on site setting in 

how to do that?

Coordinator
Dec 6, 2012 at 12:37 AM

you can only active this feature in site collection level.

after you active the feature, if you don't configure it in the List setting page, nothing will happend in  other webs.

Dec 6, 2012 at 6:25 AM

indeed. but there's a thing. Some webs ain't under system administrators control. I mean some managers asked for own web and they are full control user there. that's why in my case i need feature by only on some webs but no other. 

Could it be as additional feature in future releases?

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2012 at 12:28 AM

sorry, I don't think this is a reasonable requirement.

Permission Extension is just a feature, after you active it, then SharePoint have the ability to control field level permission. if other managers don't want to user this feature, just ignore it.

Dec 7, 2012 at 8:00 AM
jianyi wrote:

sorry, I don't think this is a reasonable requirement.

Permission Extension is just a feature, after you active it, then SharePoint have the ability to control field level permission. if other managers don't want to user this feature, just ignore it.

indeed. but most of all times you should control "human agency(human factor)" and DO NOT allow them to do wrong things. so in case where system administrator can control this great feature in webs is more reusable.

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2012 at 8:48 AM

OK, you can do a little modification to achieve that.

modify the file:

1)first de-active the feature in site collection feature setting page.

2)open this file with NotePad: 14/Templates/Features/CodeArt_FieldPermissionEx/Feature.xml

change  Scope="Site" to  Scope="Web"

you can do the same operation to other folder whose names start with CodeArt_

3)do iisreset

4) go to Site Feature setting page and see what will happen.

Dec 10, 2012 at 7:40 AM
jianyi wrote:

OK, you can do a little modification to achieve that.

modify the file:

1)first de-active the feature in site collection feature setting page.

2)open this file with NotePad: 14/Templates/Features/CodeArt_FieldPermissionEx/Feature.xml

change  Scope="Site" to  Scope="Web"

you can do the same operation to other folder whose names start with CodeArt_

3)do iisreset

4) go to Site Feature setting page and see what will happen.

thx much, in my case i'll, very useful, but i want use this solution and make more reusable and flexible. hope my advises are impotent no for me only, and i can help a little as a user.