Error trying to open document sets

Nov 21, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Edited Nov 21, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Since installing this, a number of users are getting error when trying to open document sets in the library. Any idea why?

I have a managed metadata column - not sure if this is an issue.

Error
An unexpected error has occurred.

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

Correlation ID: b9744f2e-1bdc-4c9a-9d54-1a7dede17899

Date and Time: 11/21/2013 11:11:22 AM
Coordinator
Nov 22, 2013 at 1:06 AM
I never test it for document set.
can you change the web.config and make the detail error message show?
if you send me the detail error message, may be I can resolve the issue quickly.
Dec 2, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Per your request, see below and let me know if you can fix. Otherwise, we may remove the solution and see if this resolves the error.

Thanks,

John

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at CodeArt.SharePoint.PermissionEx.PermissionListViewSelector.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

correlation id b608e8a8-34e2-4833-96fb-dca9eaa7f4b1

On

Request (GET:https://doa.sharepoint.wi.gov:443/doas/audit/Subrecipient%20Audits/Forms/Document%20Set/docsethomepage.aspx?ID=502&FolderCTID=0x0120D520004DC552B711C1B84781B52148C285BE19&List=a50e6708-2664-43e7-ab2c-5524b58d8a16&RootFolder=%2Fdoas%2Faudit%2FSubrecipient%20Audits%2FKiel%20Area%20School%20District%20FY13)

Coordinator
Dec 3, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Edited Dec 3, 2013 at 2:11 AM
can you just modify a file: 14/Templates/DocumentTemplates/CodeArt_PermissionEx_Templates.ascx
and remove the following code and do iisreset.

<SharePoint:RenderingTemplate ID="ViewSelector" runat="server">
<Template>
    <table border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 style='margin-right: 4px'>
    <tr>
       <td nowrap class="ms-listheaderlabel"><SharePoint:EncodedLiteral ID="EncodedLiteral1" runat="server" text="<%$Resources:wss,view_selector_view%>" EncodeMethod='HtmlEncode'/>&nbsp;</td>
       <td nowrap class="ms-viewselector" id="onetViewSelector" onmouseover="this.className='ms-viewselectorhover'" onmouseout="this.className='ms-viewselector'" runat="server">
            <codeArt:PermissionListViewSelector MenuAlignment="Right" AlignToParent="true" runat="server" id="ViewSelectorMenu" />
        </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
</Template>
</SharePoint:RenderingTemplate>

and this will resolve the problem temporary and also will disable the view permission control feature.
and after that, can you please give me page url/location of the document set view page ?
Coordinator
Dec 3, 2013 at 2:10 AM
hi , please try the new release: https://sppex.codeplex.com/releases/view/115621
if the new relese 1.53 can't resolve you problem, please edit the CodeArt_PermissionEx_Templates.ascx by I said.