Column permission changes are not saved

Feb 18, 2014 at 4:33 PM
I have been able to pull the 1.51 version for a 2010 environment and the installation went fine, activation of features was fine and everything looked good. However, when I go into a list and try and edit the Field Permission, it loads just fine, I make my changes, hit save and no errors, but if I go back in, I do not see my changes and nothing take effect. I am using this on a meeting site, and not sure if that is the issue, but I am not able to see any errors in logs except for not being able to open resource files, but that does not seem critical. If that is an issue, then maybe something did not happen during he installation. any guidance is appreciated and I really like the concept of this tool.
Feb 18, 2014 at 4:37 PM
Some additional information that outside of the meeting site, I am able to get this working. It would appear that the instance ID of the meeting is preventing the data from properly saving for this list. Does anyone else have this running on a meeting site or run into this issue?
Feb 19, 2014 at 1:39 AM
the meeting site? the list is a meeting list? or just a normal list?

Column permission can only apply to a normal list with a FormTemplate named ListForm

if you use SPCamlEditor or SharePoint Manager 2010, you can find the FormTemplate of the list form.(the property EditFormTemplate of the contentType in the list)

if the FormTemplate is not "ListForm", you can edit the file: 14/Template/ControlTemplate/CodeArt_PermissionEx_Templates.ascx
and copy the whole <SharePoint:RenderingTemplate ID="ListForm" runat="server"> template
then change the ID attribute to the FormTemplate name of the meeting list.
Mar 5, 2014 at 10:56 PM

The list is an Agenda list on the Meeting Site. I checked with SharePoint manager and there is no value in the EditFormTemplate property, which does not seem right to me, but maybe you can check on your system? It appears this does not work with lists that are specific to the meeting site template.

-Evan

Mar 6, 2014 at 1:43 AM
@Evan

I don't know why EditFormTemplate property of Agenda list is empty, in my system, it is also empty, maybe this is why the Column permisson not working.
I check other normal list, the EditFormTemplate property are all not empty.

sadly, this solution is not working for meeting site.